The scope management plan is a component of the project or program management plan that describes how the scope will be defined, developed, monitored, controlled, and verified. The scope management plan is a major input into the Develop Project Management Plan process, and the other scope management processes. The components
of a scope management plan include:
• Process for preparing a detailed project scope statement;
• Process that enables the creation of the WBS from the detailed project scope statement;
• Process that establishes how the WBS will be maintained and approved;
• Process that specifies how formal acceptance of the completed project deliverable will be obtained.
• Process to control how requests for changes to the detailed project scope statement will be processed.
This process is directly linked to the Perform Integrated Change Control process.
The scope management plan can be formal or informal, broadly framed or highly detailed, based on the needs of the project.